Sunday, May 23, 2010

I have house plants. I heard that coke and sprite is good for the house plants.?

I do know from an experiment that Sprite or Sierra Mist will preserve cut flowers better than plain water if plant food is not available.


While it is true that Coke is saving crops in India as mentioned on the web, it has nothing to do with using Coke in place of water. The reports are that Coke is being sprayed on the plants to control pests with amazing success. Whatever is causing Coke to be a good pesticide would also cause it to be a very poor choice for watering your plants. Stick with water!

I have house plants. I heard that coke and sprite is good for the house plants.?
Good to do... what? Kill them? All that will do will cause a build up of salt... or whatever junk is in soda. If you are trying to fertilize them you can buy spikes you put into the dirt, solution you mix into water, or pellets you sprinkle in the pot with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment