Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Why do the tips of some of my leafy house plants turn brown?

I water my houseplants as directed on a regular basis. Why do the tips of them turn brown as if they were dried out? This only happens to the ones that have bigger leafs, not to the small leaf plants. What can I do to stop this?

Why do the tips of some of my leafy house plants turn brown?
this is often caused by a nutrient deficiency. consider adding some water soluble fertilizer (like peters or miracle gro) to your watering regimen.





dilute the fertilizer to recommended rate and apply as directed.





be sure that you water only when your plants need water, too.. overwatering can drown plants and leach nutrients from the soil. water when the top 1 inch of soil feels dry to the touch or if plants appear to wilt.
Reply:brown tips = not enough water


brown stems = too much water





So for your bigger leafy plants, looks like you need more water.

rain roots

No comments:

Post a Comment