Monday, May 11, 2009

Does anyone know about little black round particles that are found on house plants?

I have a house plant in my bedroom in front of my window. I have noticed recently that there have been little black round dots on the plant, wall, and curtains, even the ceiling around the plant? I don’t believe the dots are harmful, but I would like to know what the mystery dots are?

Does anyone know about little black round particles that are found on house plants?
Well if its on the walls and such I would think it would be mold, which can be very harmful not only to the plant but to you. Talk to your local nursery to see if they might know what it is.
Reply:Actually sounds like artillery fungus or shotgun fungus. It is not that common indoors, but grows on wood mulch and can cover buildings and cars. I wonder if you have a woody chip mulch on the plant. Try changing the top inch or two of soil. Do not overwater. Clean off the black dots, as they are spores. If they are hard to remove I have heard mineral oil or scraping with a credit card. If they are coming off easily with soap and water then use that.


No comments:

Post a Comment